Sunday, March 16, 2008

Katy & Matt



I absolutely loved this shoot! Originally we were going to shoot in Ogden, but I came across this beat up truck and gas station on my drive home the other day. Traffic can be a bugger sometimes, so I took a different route home. When I saw the two locations, I knew I had to shoot there and I thought Katy would be perfect for the locations. I talked to her about it and she was game. She was so trusting and open to ideas. I feel like I get some of my best shots out of a couple when they're open to new locations and ideas.

During the shoot I noticed right away how passionate about each other they were. I think the pictures recorded this and just how in love they are...

My first shot of the day, was one where they weren't posed, they were just being themselves while I shot from behind a tree. Sometimes I feel a little stalkerish! He, he! But including some of the environment in a picture can create a beautiful scene and mood.

I can't wait for Katy's bridals and wedding!









Brandee Butler
Philosophy Photography
www.philosophyphotos.com
Utah Wedding Photography
Utah Wedding Photographer

4 comments:

Tara said...

Cool pics, Brandee!

Jess said...

I second that; I love the colors. They are very intimate, I almost feel like I shouldn't be looking! :)

Philosophy Photography by Brandee said...

He, he! They were the coolest couple. So much in love and so passionate about each other, as you can see. The camera does not lie!

Thanks for your comments Tara and Jess.

heather said...

Brandee those pictures are amazing. I seriously felt a little wrong looking at them, as if I were peeking through their window or something. They are beautiful pictures. We will have to talk about possibly having you do our family picture. As you saw on our Christmas card we can't get a good shot with Mr. Tripod. Let me know when you have time.